Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Beginnings

New to blogging I thought it might be a great opportunity, not only for me but for you also to watch the progress of my original bone carving designs. I've been working on this bone carving, which I decided to photograph as I progressed.  I am a pure amateur and I'm sure there are plenty of tools that would make my job easier but I buy what I can afford at the time.

 As you can see the 1st image shows the design cut from the bone. This particular bone is beef bone. I have left a 3mm gap between the sketch and the bone. This allows me room to shape my work without loosing the original sizing. 
 I used a dremel, with a diamond blade to cut roughly around the bone. (In NZ a diamond wheel costs NZD $25.00 and the dremel NZD $150.00 including the flexi-shaft). I will include photo's of the tools I used to create this piece later.

No comments: