Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Last stages of the Mural


All that remains are some touch ups. I'm not sure how I feel. In a way I am disappointed that the Maori design running along the top has fallen short of my vision.

I must say, I've been very fortunate with PPG Industries donating the paint and equally Somerset school asking me to paint the mural.



The weather in Palmerston North has been one of the hottest summers for a very long time. Hot consecutive days of sunshine. The heat in New Zealand is a lot more intense and the chance of burning is very high due to the depletion of the ozone layer so the radiation of the sun intensifies the rays of the sun. An Australian 46 degrees centigrade is a 28 degrees centigrade here in NZ  and you are still more likely to burn faster in our temperature more than  Australia.







No comments: