Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Today I spent 3 hours working on a carving of a Gecko in a contemporary style. 
I've come to accept that mistakes happen for a reason. Nearing the last stages of the carving and realising that one of the back legs is too far from the front leg, of which I had recognised quite early on, I decided to take the only step forward, and that was to forget what I could not put back( the lost wood) and focus on creating contours, nice movement and flow and make the best from a bad situation. I cannot deny that I am not disappointed but I can learn from this and take what I learn into my next carving. 
All I need now is some fine weather and a week or so, and I should be able to place a photo of the finished product on here.
It would be great if someone could leave some feedback.
Cheers.

No comments: