Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Heading South

Well, this Sunday I head south for 7 days. I'm off to a bone carving course. I'm generally someone who doesn't work with others as I want to create with no outside influences in my designs. I do love to share what I learn as I learn. This makes room for more creative thought.
As I am developing my skills I feel I need to attend this course to learn about the different tools and how to use them in a more productive and economical way.

I have been thinking about the bulls horn that is in one of my earlier posts and while on trademe (like ebay) I saw a bone carving the same colour as my piece of bone. It is being advertised as a Buffalo horn so for now or until I'm proved wrong that is what it is, a Buffalo horn.
I have sketched up two designs on beef bone to take with me to carve but will also take a blank piece of deer antler and try to stick to the curriculum.

In all likely hood I won't have any internet access while I'm away but should return with some new pieces of bone to place on here.
................................................................................................................................................................

The illustrations are coming along. Not much to say about them yet but I can say the deadline is this Sunday.

No comments: