Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Manaia update

As you can see below the progress is reasonably slow mostly because I choose to use hand tools instead of electric tools. I have cut the bone in half  for a reason, which I will reveal when the time is right. Due to the age of the bone it looks and feels like a white wood. I'm not sure how it will polish up once completed.
I can give you a rough outline of the meaning so far. This is not written in stone, just a starting point. The Spiral patterns represent turmoil while the Manaia weaves it's way through the water. This is what I see at present and once I have completed the carving I will have a better understanding of it's meaning then.

The top image shows the tail of the Manaia wrapping round the bone.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is certainly coming along nicely.